Kindergarten Supply List
- STANDARD SIZE BACKPACKS – DO NOT BUY SMALL ONES. THEY ARE CUTE, BUT FOLDERS DO NOT FIT INSIDE.
- 1-inch Binder (durable view, 2 pockets inside).
- 2 boxes 8-count Crayola Crayons (1 for school and 1 for home; write name on each crayon).
- 2 boxes Washable Crayola Markers (1 for school and 1 for home; write name one each marker).
- 2 – 4 large size Beginner pencils – ALREADY SHARPENED! Brand name is Ticonderoga; sold at Wal-Mart. This one is the best quality. (Put their name one each pencil).
- Metal scissors.
- Eraser – 2 large, pink.
- Change of clothes for emergency use. When used, remember to replace the change of clothes the next day!
- Small Blanket and a small pillow (there is limited room to store). Baby size blanket and pillow fit well.
- 2 boxes of Facial tissue for cold season.
- Small Plastic Supply box for crayons, glue, etc. (Please write your child’s name on the Supply box).
- 2 bottles White Elmer’s glue (put their name on each glue bottle).
- 2 Glue sticks (put their name on each glue stick).
- $5.00 to purchase craft items.
- White cardstock (heavy quality). Sold at Staples or Office Max.
- 3-oz. size Paper cups for their drinking water.
The following supplies are used frequently in the classroom and shared by everyone.
If you would like to donate any of these items now or throughout the year, it would be appreciated:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Paper plates, plastic forks & spoons
- Napkins and zip lock baggies
Please write your child’s name on each item: crayons, markers, glue bottles, glue
Snacks: If your child is used to a mid-morning snack, you may send a small snack on a daily basis. Nutritious snacks (e.g., fruit or crackers) are encouraged!!
Please limit foods with high sugar content. Too much snack and they do not each lunch well.
Although I realize how difficult it is to leave your child at school on the very first
day, it is much easier and beneficial for your child to become acquainted with the teacher by himself/herself. Please be prepared to give your child a very big hug, reassuring him/her that you will return at 3:00pm, and then promptly leave the room.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE KINDER GARTEN CLASS!!!